Thursday, April 17, 2008

World of Warcraft Honor Bot | Confessions of a Botter

*September Update*
Since mmoglider has been offline for a few months now (with little chance of its return), I have been getting asked if there are any bot alternatives out there. The answer is not really. The other bots I have tested have maybe a fraction of the abilities of mmo glider, and none are nearly as user friendly. My advice if you want to start a new character is to create a second account using Blizzards 'Recruit-a-Friend' (RAF) system, grab Joana's guide and level 2 new characters at a time with RAF's triple experience. You'll get to 60 much faster then if you used a bot. After that, well, we're all still working on it.
*-----------------------*
I have been playing World of Warcraft since it was in late beta and I have played 3 characters to the level 60 level cap and a couple to the level 70 cap. I have played most of my characters to at least level 40 before I got burnt out on leveling them. I started to
World of Warcraft honor bot in June 2006 using WoWGlider (which has since been renamed mmoglider) to see if I could l get my 36 Shaman to the end cap any quicker. The bot didn’t level any quicker then I could play it, but since I could bot while I was at work it made a big difference. I had a bit of a learning curve to overcome at the start, especially with creating my own profiles for each class, but wow was it worth it. But is it worth it for everyone? No. If you just started playing the game, or are still leveling your first characters, it would be pointless to bot since you’re missing out on playing one of the best games ever made. Actually leveling your character, learning its traits, gaining levels and items gives you a great sense of personal satisfaction while playing the game; at least for the first five times you do it.
After you’ve made quite a few toons, or at least got one or two to max level, leveling another can start to feel like a job. Well, that’s were the bot comes in. I am far from the fastest botter in the world as there are professional botters out there that do it for a living at a breakneck pace, but by the time The Burning Crusade came out I was able to level a character from 1 to 60 in two weeks. Post TBC I can bot from 1 to 70 in about 3.5 weeks so as you can see the bot is a great power leveling technique. Sure, you could do it a lot quicker by actually playing, but that’s not the point of the bot. The point is to let the program do the leveling for you.
So is it safe? I’ve been banned three times, so no one can say it’s completely safe at all. That statement right there will scare away most people from ever trying to use the World of Warcraft bot. I’m not concerned with that because it doesn’t tell the whole story. I have had thirteen accounts since the game went live and I have made over $2000 botting casually. I know that’s not a huge amount of cash but botting for money was not my main goal; botting for the fun of it was. Incidentally, professional botters can make thousands of dollars per month if they know what they’re doing. Is it cheating? Yes. Is it against the spirit of the game? Probably. Am I hurting others by doing it? No. I don’t bot in quest areas and I don’t block content from live players. I also don’t bot with the intention of gold farming. I am well aware that not every botter approaches the game the same way I do, and I can understand why people like to turn in botters, but I don’t have any regrets in the past 2 years I have been doing it.
So the question is, would you use the World of Warcraft Honor bot? That’s your decision. To me it’s just a game, so I don’t worry about the endless ethical questions brought up by people concerned over the issue. Yes, it’s against Blizzards EULA and I know full well the consequences if I get caught. But it’s what I do for a hobby. I like to see what the bot can accomplish and how fast I can power level characters. If you don’t mind taking the risk, the bot can be well worth the rewards.


World of Warcraft Honor Bot Guide

No comments: